WHAT THIS BLOG IS ALL ABOUT: a journal and compendium of where to go and what to do for those who love to travel ...

Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Travelling again; and enjoying the show

Our motorhome on site at the NEC
We are still enjoying our travels and are here at the NEC (National Exhibition Centre), Birmingham; enjoying not only the on-site camping facilities but the Show itself. It's part work and part pleasure - eating, chatting to friends in the welcoming R&R room - a lounge provided for members and professional journalists / photographers by the Caravan Writers' Guild. R&R stands for 'rest and relaxation', though I call it the 'rest and recuperation' room, for working at these shows is tiring. Right now I am sitting in the Press Room, where we have WiFi available.

The latest issue - just published
Apart from walking miles through all the various halls, I picked up a copy of the magazine on which I was working so furiously throughout the last six months - 'Discover Touring'. So good to see how well the regional features have turned out; a mass of things to do and places to visit between now and Easter; both indoors and out in the open air within the eight UK regions - and my feature on touring in Ireland, and Germany. To read the features, you'll need to get hold of a copy of this issue, but clicking on the links provided will allow you to discover more about visiting both these fascinating and beautiful countries.

Frequent visits to the CWG Lounge were needed - for coffee and cake! The cake (delicious chocolate with sweet fondant icing) was made specially to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Guild. I ate Raymond's piece as well, as he is on a diet!

You would not believe that these little notices were made from icing!
It's such a small world, and we met again some of the lovely people who hosted our trip to Germany, and Ireland. Talking to them had me reliving our two wonderful trips this year and set me thinking of new endeavours; and hopefully finding time to update my illustrated travel journals. From time to time, I post the scanned pages on my journaling blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment